– Rep. Tina Pickett (R-Bradford/Sullivan/Susquehanna) today announced that a number of local arts projects will receive state grants from the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts. In total, more than $218,000 is being invested in a wide range of projects throughout the 110th District.
“These grants will help support a wide range of visual and performing arts throughout the area, and I’ll be very excited to see some of the finished projects,” said Pickett, a legislative member of the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts. “Investing in the arts, especially in a rural area such as ours, pays enormous dividends as the grants will enhance our quality of life. These projects and events being funded also have a tangible economic benefit as they attract visitors to our area.”
The recipients include:
- Greater Wyalusing Chamber of Commerce, Wyalusing -- $1,430 for a “Day of Bluegrass.”
- Winding Rivers Players, Towanda -- $1,825 for a community musical.
- Bradford County Regional Arts Council -- $13,574 for support of the council.
- Bradford County Regional Arts Council -- $85,244 for support of a council-initiated grant for the Arts in Education Partnership program servicing Bradford, Columbia, Lycoming, Sullivan, Tioga, Wyoming and Montour counties.
- Bradford County Regional Arts Council -- $107,621 for support of a council-initiated grant for the Pennsylvania Partners in the Arts program servicing Bradford, Columbia, Lycoming, Sullivan, Susquehanna, Tioga and Wyoming counties.
- Towanda Area Elementary School, Towanda -- $1,787 for bowed psaltery lessons for third-graders and workshops/concerts for the community.
- The Valley Chorus, Athens -- $1,430 for a winter concert with a 100-voice community chorus in the auditorium of the Athens Area High School.
- Artist Karen Black, Dushore -- $1,373 for the creation and design of a coloring and activity book, which is the third in the Endless Mountains Series: Small Town Americana featuring Dushore.
- Sullivan County Council on the Arts -- $3,000 for the support of the Sullivan County Council on the Arts.
- Endless Arts in Eagles Mere: A Contemporary Chautauqua Experience, Eagles Mere -- $1,467 for the project of the same name.
More information about the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts is available at arts.pa.gov
Representative Tina Pickett
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Jennifer Keaton